Data Automatically Collected
We, like many companies, automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet.
- Information about how you use the website e.g. we collect information about the pages you visit and how you navigate the website
This information is used to improve the services that we offer. We do not link information automatically logged by such means with personal data about specific individuals.
To stop cookies being placed on your computer please refer to your specific Internet browser for instructions. The cookies we place on your computer are expire at the end of your session. In a few cases blocking cookies may reduce the functionality of some websites or prevent access to them depending on your chosen browser options.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer by the server maintaining and operating the website. They do not compromise your privacy or security as they store a randomly generated identifying tag on your computer.
Data Collection and Use
When you request information through this website, we may need to know some personal information about you. When emailing us, or subscribing for free news or information we need your e-mail address, name and other limited personal identifiers, typically name and contact number. Where you request employment related services or products we will usually need limited data about personal identifiers, education, employment, family and financial details. Your personal data will be processed to provide information, goods, products and services you request in the form that you require. We may use this information to deliver relevant advertising to you and measure the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you.
If we require sensitive personal data, then we will ensure that the collection and use is in strict accordance with the “applicable legislation” principles of data protection and data privacy.
Since Novus Education Group operates globally, the information you submit may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). This and all other transmissions will remain secure and under our sole control and will not be transferred to any third parties. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA we will take steps to ensure appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
If we look to use your personal data for a new purpose, beyond what it was originally provided for, we will ask for your consent.
Legal Basis for Using Your Data
We are required to set out the legal basis for our processing of your personal data.
We consider the following grounds to be relevant:
- As necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests including:-
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our services
- Understand how people interact with our website
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime or fraud
- Enhance, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers
- Legal Obligation
For compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Specific Consent
Where you have provided specific consent to us on using your personal information e.g. to send you email marketing
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purpose for which it is collected.
Under UK data protection law, you have certain rights over the personal information that we hold about. These rights include:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Privacy Statement)
- To have inaccurate personal information corrected. If you believe that the information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or post (see details below)
- You may ask us to delete your personal data. We will do so if there are no legal exceptions that require us to retain it. We may, in certain circumstances, anonymise rather than delete it.
- You have a right to request access (unless legal exception apply) to the personal data that we hold about you. To request access to your information please send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity to, Novus Education Group, Hamilton House, 4 Mabledon Place, Bloomsbury WC1H 9BB.
- You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data if there is a disagreement about its accuracy or we’re not lawfully allowed to use it
- You have the right to review automated decision-making or profiling.
Disclosure and Visitor Choice
You may unsubscribe or opt-out of services at any time. Details of how to opt-out of the Novus Education Group website are available and is a simple process. Where we disclose your personal data for those purposes stated, we provide you with the means to opt-out of disclosure by either indicating in a box at the point of the website where personal data is collected, by sending an email to email@example.com or by posting a request to Admissions Office, Novus Education Group, Hamilton House, 4 Mabledon Place, Bloomsbury WC1H 9BB. Where we disclose your personal data for purposes, which are different to those, stated we offer you the opportunity to consent prior to disclosure.
Novus Education Group is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Novus Education Group does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and Novus Education Group does not target its websites to children under 13.
Novus Education Group have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control that complies with data privacy & protection legislation appropriate to the jurisdiction applicable to the website. The security measures are designed to prevent unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification & unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
We are committed to complying with UK data privacy legislation. Data privacy legislation is subject to revision and we strongly suggest that you regularly check our privacy statement.
Registered Office: Novus Education Group Limited is a registered company in England and Wales with the company number 11337737. Registered Address: 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX, United Kingdom.